Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Four. Awesomeness.

Greatest day ever. Just refer to this amazing picture.


Yes, a picture is definitely worth a thousand words. This one, however, is really worth a good forty million. Seriousness is not in the Awaken the Tide vocabulary, yet we are still able to make some amazing music. In all actuality, when was the last time you ever heard someone truly serious with their music make something good? If you're too serious, you start to lose focus on what music is: the heart's outlet. After all, what good is music without putting a little heart and soul into it?

I think we took in excess of a billion pictures today; each one unique, each one amazing. The greatest photographer on Earth, Richard Rasner, really gave us some great images. We're excited to have him as a friend, and look forward to working with him in the future. OF COURSE, behind every great man is a great woman, and in this case, it was THE Pickles. Yes, she is the one who made me look so good, while I turned around and made a monkey of my face. See the excellent mohawk Zeus is sporting? Pickles. My nicely trimmed hair? Pickles. She's amazing at what she does, and we all love her for it.

Chris (on the left) was too tired to function. I'm pretty sure he was asleep while he was awake. Possible? I think so. He proved it today. He rocked it, though. He's the man.

Cory (in front of Chris) is truly a ninja. That's right, by the time you finish reading this sentence, he probably climbed up a tree and attacked you. He's just that good. ...which is probably why his drumming is so great.

Andee (with the Monster beanie) is pretty much the brains of the operation. Together, he and Chris make the best guitar tracks. Without this guy, who I met at an August Burns Red show, I wouldn't be part of this musical genius.

Zeus (far right) had so much faith in the band's progression that he actually flew out from Rhode Island just to be part of it. We couldn't have had a better addition. Plus, he can play the bass better than anyone I know.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed today's blog, and I look forward to writing for you all tomorrow! Have a great night, folks.

Emile

1 comment: