Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DAY SEVEN! One whole week!

Woo hoo! I finally made it to my one week mark. To celebrate, I've changed my page design! See?

Okay, so, today was pretty eventful. After a night with less than 3 hours of sleep for both Amanda and me, since the kids wouldn't sleep any longer than 40 minutes at a time, then stay awake for another half an hour, I took the kids to the doctor. They're both fine, they're just being babies about it.

Ha.

Anyway, the same two little trolls that I have, aka Hellfire and Damnation, have been in terrible moods due to sickness. As a result, I was a little bit on edge after hearing the name "Daddy" roughly 60 kabillion times in a matter of minutes. While driving home from the doctor's office, I stopped at Walgreens to put in the prescriptions.

Then the trouble started.

I got out of the car with the kids, and both of them were ELATED to not have to be in the house. Needless to say, they found out that they can't run down the aisles with their hands in the racks because it makes a mess that Daddy has to clean up. After a few rounds of that, I made my way to the pharmacy. The assistant that took my information must have known that a large, on-edge black man was on his way there because I swear she was just acting like a total nimrod to get my blood pressure up. She asked for the kids' medical cards, and I told her that I only had mine, to which she replied that she could look them up off of my card anyway. Apparently, 2 minutes later, she had absolutely no recollection of ever telling me that statement, and told me that she needs the kids' cards. I asked her, "Didn't you say you could look it up by the policy number?" She had the audacity to say, "Well, sir, if I could do that, I would have told you that."

Shortly after I came to from being so livid and annoyed by cracked voiced prepubescent 17 year old, I had the greatest idea ever (which, in retrospect, really sucked for the innocent employees that had to deal with it). My daughter had her hand out, since she was doing the "limp noodle" thing to me, so I just walked a little bit closer to all the automotive stuff. Oh yeah. Roughly 40 bottles of oil and ArmorAll lay in the middle of aisle 8, and I walked out scott-free (who would blame a 19 month old for a mess that was made?), the happiest man in the Inland Empire.

Emile: 1
Walgreens: 0

Emile

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA. What insurance do you have? They CAN look it up by policy #. And dude. Stick to CVS. Walgreens blows.

    ReplyDelete