Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day Six. ...I think.

Hey people!

Okay, so today was actually pretty cool. I went to school and totally kicked its butt. I also saw one of my friends there, so that made it pretty cool.

Anyway, I started off in my nutrition class. The assignment was to bring in an apple that we thought was medium sized. I didn't have any available apples, so I stopped at Albertsons to pick one up. I'm pretty sure that I know what "medium-sized" is, but all of the apples that they had were HUGE. I picked the smallest one and took it to school, where I weighed it. It came out to 274 grams, more than half of what a medium-sized apple should be, not to mention that it was the largest apple in the class by 85 grams. ...and sure enough, I'm not a small guy, so it just made everything look worse. Whatever. I ate it anyway.

I then went to my Spanish class. This class is insane. Not the class itself, but the teacher. Get this: She's a 5'11 Chinese woman who was born in China, grew up in Bolivia, has a heavy British accent, and has a husband that only speaks German. Of their five kids, three still live at home. The other two live in Argentina and Quebec, Canada. Seriously? I don't even know where to begin with this lady.

Math class is about as exciting as watering cement. Oh yeah. This teacher has a thick German accent that a ceramic knife couldn't cut through. He made us do a math problem that took 35 minutes to solve. Really now, that's totally unnecessary. Dear Math, solve your own problems. Thank you.

I then had PE, but since we're babysitting for some good friends while they're out of town, I just came home to help Amanda out. It's not very easy to have five kids running around the house when my own two are both sick, but these kids are awesome. I love them like my own.

...unless you try to get them to do their homework. Just kidding.

Well, it's now officially Tuesday, and I have to get up at 6:30. The joys of parenting. Take care, and all of you have an amazing day.

Emile

1 comment: